In Shopify’s own words, “Email marketing is the key to ecommerce success.” Why so? For however they devalue email, these electronic addresses remain one of the best ways to retarget website visitors. According to Monetate’s latest report, “It takes first-time customers an average of 3.5 shopping sessions—and 25 days—to complete their first transaction.”
With that in mind, Ecomfit has already built an AI-backed feature which help you retain your customers and generate more leads via promotion pop-ups. Our four-step tutorial right below would prevent your money and effort go to waste.
You can learn four types of Ecomfit pop-ups template and their use here.
How Ecomfit lead generation pop-ups work
Simply put, when a customer comes to your website through a landing page or social post,… you give them reasons to stick around. And the all-time-favorite incentive here is promo code, in exchange for his/her email address. These email addresses overtime will enrich your lead base.
“But if a customer comes to my website and do some clicks, aren’t they already my leads?”
Nope. Not all.
To use a more appropriate term, not all of them are your target leads. Target leads are those who have need that your products/services can meet and they are able to pay for that, via your online store. Based on your business nature, you understand the best which attributes a target lead must have. And Ecomfit will help you filter through by using tailored pop-ups.
Step 1: Login to Ecomfit dashboard
- Go to Ecomfit dashboard > Promotions > Create new promotion > Ask to input email to get coupon.
- Pick your favorite in our ready-to-use template gallery. With each template, there’s always a preview option to see how it actually looks on your website. Don’t worry if these pop-up images do not go well, you can customize and change them anytime.
- Then click “Choose” to start the setup for this promo campaign.
Step 2: Content Design
For each pop-up, there are two placards showing up: one when customers first notice the popup and the other is a note of thanks after they meet your condition (fill up their emails).
Therefore, you will need to customize the content in each page (or placard) to best suit your need, customer interest and your campaign purposes.
- Customize content on index page:
For index page, filling these boxes is no way difficult, what’s challenging is to create an irresistible offer. Not easy as it seems, unattractive pop-ups are noises and interrupt user experiences. You sure don’t want that right the first time people landing on your page.
Think about your appealing product features, or your store location (to offer free ship maybe?),… and decides what’s the most enticing offer to your potential customers. Just take your time since we’ve got your back for the rest.
- Thank you page
If this placard has a chance to show up, congratulations! You’ve got yourself a new lead that will likely be converted soon!
Step 3: Target visitor
As we have mentioned above, not all visitors landing on your page can be a good fit for your next campaign. That’s why Ecomfit has detailed and classified websites visitors according to different attributes:
- Visitors: For a lead generation campaign, you can choose “New visitors” only. Or if you just start to build your database, “All visitors” would come in handy.
- Location: To target customers in a certain areas only. This may work best when you have multiple branches or aim to boost sale in a specific region.
- Traffic: This is especially helpful when you are running ads campaigns on social media or paying for Google Ads. Then targeting those coming from one/some of these sources can effectively narrow down the numbers.
- Products:Target those who have already viewed and taken interest in your certain products
- Cart abandonment: Target those who already visited website and pick up their favorite. These customers are definitely on your target list since they are just a step away from accomplishing their payment. Get their email and take care of them well!
Step 4: Triggered
After customize content and narrow your target, you need to decide which factors will trigger your pop-up:
- Where do you want to display popup? Decide whether to display pop-up on checkout page, payment or product page,… when user use mobile phone or tablet,… To have information for this decision, you can visit Suggestion and Warning sections where Ecomfit have analyzed your customer behaviors.
- When do you want to display popup? When customer have exit intention or when they have visited website for a certain number of times,…
Step 5: Coupon and Display Conditions
Last but not least, the most important thing in this campaign is coupon codes. If you don’t have codes yet, don’t worry. Just login to Shopify and then you can generate a lot of discount codes with fixed value, percentage, or shipping discount on products, collections, or variants in your store.
Don’t forget to specify time and condition for this campaign since you won’t won’t want it to display everytime customer move through one page to another, or it’ll become annoying.