1. What is abandoned cart email?
Abandoned cart email, together with push notification, has been an essential marketing tool for online business. It is a follow-up message that is sent to people who have left a website without completing their orders. It has been an essential part of a multi-stage campaign for e-commerce businesses to recover abandoned cart.
2. How does abandoned cart email help?
As a necessary tool for ecommerce business, abandoned cart email brings a number of benefits:
- Improve conversion rates. More abandoners will be converted into buyers through reminders.
- Improve customer relationships. Personalized and specific content will be sent to particular customers to build strong customer loyalty and to make higher chance of future purchase.
- Enhance customer experience. In abandoned cart emails, you can show that you care for customers and attempt to give them more benefits by including wishes, offerings, etc.
3. What should you notice?
3.1 Send good content
To create good abandoned cart emails, you must not ignore the content that consists of numerous issues.
- Subject line. This plays an integral role in enticing customers into opening the email. What you should include in this part are discounts, intriguing questions, etc. For example, a great subject line of an abandoned cart email may be: ”30% off all purchase” or ”Free shipping on orders over $99”.
- Concise body part. It’s important to include compendious and compelling text in which you need to remind them of what they are missing out. You may make them feel that they are losing something good before an expiry date.
- Call To Action (CTA). Besides subject line and concise body part, you need to have a CTA that grabs the attention of the shoppers push them towards an action that you want. Make sure that CTAs are bold, attractive and easy-to-see. Importantly, asking people to buy from you is one of the highest levels of commitment you can ask for. If may reduce scope of the commitment by rephrasing your CTA using another word instead of ”buy”. An example can be ”Visit cart”.
- Social proof. You can strengthen your brand by using reviews and testimonials. Reviews on specific products should be included in abandoned cart emails in order to persuade people to buy items. You can use expert’s stamp approval, celebrity endorsement, etc. as long as it matches your campaigns.
- Captivating images. It is great to make some enticing visuals. Sometimes, you can use some pictures of sad kitten or puppy, which makes your abandoned cart emails more emotional. But some images should be relevant to your products. If you think it is challenging to creat great images for your email, don’t worry! Try to create nice-to-have and enticing images is enough.
3.2 Timing of abandoned cart email
The timing of your abandoned cart email is important. Send it within a few hours after abandonment. Don’t wait too long or you will lose the shopping urge that make shoppers add items to their shopping cart.
Your abandoned cart email should be personalized to the customers. You need to tailor the abandoned items to accomodate specific individuals and address them by name.
3.4 Psychological trigger
Don’t forget to use effective psychological trigger for any marketing messages and abandoned cart email is no exception. This way is to use scarcity to make people feel that they risk missing out on items in their shopping carts if they do not complete their order within limited time. A trigger may be place next to or under CTA. A good example is: ”BUY IT NOW (before someone else does)”.
3.5 Related items
Sometimes, you can reclaim missed sales by offering alternative products. Visitors may abandon the items and are no longer excited about buying them at the time they receive abandoned cart email. But they may be interested in similar items that they did not see in the last visit to your site.
However, the placement of the alternatives is important. Do not make visitors see related items first. The first priority is to remind them of abandoned items. Then, include related items just in order to reclaim the missed sales on the abandonment.
3.6 Support information
Some people may abandon their items because they have a lack of information about what they are about to buy. Giving them a support and consultation is a need.
Therefore, you should not forget to include your contact information for those who want to reach out to ask questions.
Abandoned cart emails are easy to set up and it should be something essential for ecommerce business. The elements that are included in abandoned cart emails may vary from business to business. What you should do is to make it as suitable for your business as possible.
Are you taking a note? Do you want to learn more about ecommerce business? Discover it now!