In recent years, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has become a key requirement of every website and most digital marketing strategies. Understanding that necessary, we update a checklist of SEO for you in this new year. So check it now to see whether your SEO has been done well. There are 3 parts in this list:
- Technical SEO
Start diving into each part now!
SEO Checklist Update in 2019
1. Technical SEO
At first, please make sure that your site is indexed and crawled. You might need several tools for SEO, such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics or Ecomfit and Google Tag Manager. Those will help you analyze the data along the way.
In the Technical SEO part, please check these elements:
- XML Sitemap: it is known as a table of contents for a website. The sitemap file is the convenient method of submitting your sites to the search engines.
- Robots.txt: provides instructions to the search engines on which pages or parts of the site to not index. By default, the search engines will look at all the content they can find.
- Validates in Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Domains: in case you have more than one domain, please ensure that you know what each of your additional domain names is doing. If they redirect to your site, check if they 301 redirect to it.
- Speed: try to reduce all piece of stuff making site load slowly.
- 404 Pages: remember to create a custom 404 page and put useful information on it. You should create a 404 page that includes helpful links, navigation, site search functionality, and contact options.
- SSL: If your website isn’t under an SSL, you may lose users before they even get to your site when they see a security warning in Chrome or other browsers.
2. SEO On-page checklist
Whenever SEO is mentioned, it has a trend to talk about SEO on-page, for instance: content, keyword, tag, image alt, H1, H2 tag, etc. So moving on to the On-page part, we have a checklist below:
- Keywords: research keywords carefully so that you can brainstorm idea and topics for your content. You should use keyword research tools, such as Ahrefs or Google Keyword Planner to help you do this stuff.
- Content: Content is king. Useful and readable contents with right keywords for users and search engines will help you on top ranking faster.
- URL: include keywords in your URL path definitely support your SEO a lot.
- Title: never forget adding keywords on your title. Further, try to create an attractive title to get a higher score of title and attract more audience. Use a tool to measure your title here.
- Meta Description
- Headings: Try to use only one H1 tag and have it be the first with other H tags along the topics.
- Body Copy: Do not spam your keyword. Be natural and focus on the bigger picture and your content will be good.
- Image Alt Attributes: most people forget to add alt attribute for the image. Remember to edit your keyword or relevant text to your photos.
SEO Off-page checklist
- Backlinks: try to have backlinks as many as you can from other authority websites.
- Social Media: you might notice that social networks are of powerful, they can improve your SEO even though it won’t impact your ranking directly. So please make sure that your sites are linked to your social accounts and vice versa.
Here is the update SEO checklist in 2019, hopefully, it is helpful for you.
Please Like, Subscribe and Share this topic for your friend if you find it useful. Feel free to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org