Marketing automation for e-commerce businesses allows you to get the right people with the proper content at the perfect time. Thanks to this, you can get rids of repetitive tasks and pay attention to other parts of your business.
But setting up marketing automation for e-commerce businesses isn’t easy. Therefore, today, we will tell you three main steps to find the perfect marketing automation for e-commerce.
Step 1 – Understand How Thing Works
Different from one-time campaigns, we reach automation when specific targets meet our pre-set criteria. For instance, an automated follow-up message will help a lot when customers make their first purchase from your store.
After deciding your desired automation, add the content, and set your targets’ criteria. Your subscriber queue and receiver list will be managed automatically.
As a subscriber receives the first message in the series, he or she will continue to receive other emails in sequence, unless his or her information gets removed from the automation.
Step 2 – Know The Types And Applications
Get New Contacts
The first impression is essential, and automation can do great help. Enhance engagement, get new contacts, and improve retention.
- Introduce yourself: Deliver an email series helping potential customers learn about your company, products, and values.
- Happy Birthday: Show your contacts how you care about them. Make automation and set an annual schedule.
- An educational series: Offer your subscribers useful information and resources regarding your company or business.
Sell More Products
After all, having more sales is what we aim for. Automation will make communication and follow-up tasks much more accessible. You can quickly drive more traffic and sales to your website and landing page.
- Recover unfinished carts: Remind your customers of their abandoned online shopping cart.
- Follow up on purchases: Enhance engagement by asking for feedback or a survey. You can also provide useful information like instructions.
- Optimize order notifications: Send automatic invoice, shipping confirmation, and other messages.
Boost Customer Loyalty
Loyal customers are vital to your business growth and success. Thus, we always want to remind them of their values.
- Thank first-time customers: Tell first-time buyers how appreciated you’re and encourage them to continue shopping in the future by offering a discount.
- Reward best customers: Nurture your most loyal customers by giving out an exclusive coupon and promotion.
- Respond to subscriber updates: Send an automatic email to subscribers in your list providing exciting content to collect feedback or intrigue potential customers.
Bring People Back
Marketing automation for e-commerce is the most powerful way to re-engage with subscribers who haven’t interacted with your shop lately.
- Gain back-lapsed customers: Send an email or series to bring lapsed customers to revisit or re-engage with your store.
- Improve email engagement: Reach back out to old subscribers who don’t interact with your email campaigns.
Step 3 – Analyze Your Results And Adjust The Automations
Finally, we need to analyze our results to explore the open rate, click rate, total number of emails sent each month, and the overall effectiveness.
If you’ve connected your store and set up marketing automation for e-commerce businesses, you’ll collect more valuable data.
With automation, users can obtain details of audience growth, campaign engagement, the number of orders, and the amount of revenue monthly. You can even have a closer look at conversions, geolocation data, and so forth.
Learn from your data
After getting all the information, it’s time to evaluate the effectiveness and make some adjustments or inform other marketing elements.
No matter how the numbers are and what they reveal to you, don’t be afraid to take actions. It could be testing different content, adjusting the length and delay of your automation email sends, and so on. Whatever the data tells you, the final goal is to improve your performance.
After all, marketing automation for e-commerce businesses is a helpful assistant to any owners. We hope with our guide on “3 Steps To Find The Perfect Marketing Automation For E-commerce”, you can clear your doubts and acknowledge useful information.
As always, make sure to leave a comment and hit the Like and Subscribe button to further support us! We’ll continue to deliver great content. You can always find helpful posts on our website!
Hope this post is useful to you, please Like, Share and Subscribe for our next topics.
Feel Free to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org